Sunday, January 23, 2011

DogTown

So, I've become obsessed with the National Geographic Channel, via Netflix.  There are so many great shows: Lockdown, Is it real?, DogTown, etc.  Every night before I go to sleep,  I watch an episode of DogTown.  The show is about the forgotten animals and the animals that are destined for euthanization.  Best Friends Animal Society takes on the toughest cases and gives every animal the best medical treatment possible.  They also took in 22 of the Michael Vick dogs, one of which, is required to live the rest of her days at DogTown.  I'm a huge animal lover and the dogs are just adorable:






They not only have dogs.  They take on ALL animals, including Squeaky:



How cute is he? Well, I can't adopt a extra pet at the moment and I don't have a lot of money to donate (they are a non-profit run on donations), but I can spare a little bit every month.  So, I set up a recurring monthly donation of $10.  It isn't a lot, but it may help pay for food every month.  You can do so as well by clicking here. 

But that's not all.  I wanted to do a little more.  There is also a wishlist of items that Best Friends would like to have for the animals, vets, and offices.  I have a soft spot for pigs, so I looked to see what the pigs wanted and one of the items was canned pumpkin.  In order to fill this little piggy wish, I went to Amazon's Subscribe & Save.  I ordered a 12-pack of organic canned pumpkin for $13.60.  Shipping was free and it was on special.  Since I got the item through Subscribe & Save, every month Best Friends will receive 12 cans of pumpkin from me for $13.60.  For a little under $25, I'm helping feed an abandoned dog and making a pot-bellied pig like Squeaky happy with a pumpkin treat! 

It's not a lot, but if we all do a little something to help out a charity we love, then combined, we can make a big impact.

No comments: